In just the first nine months of 2021, nearly 4.5 million cases of fraud and identity theft were reported to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), resulting in a loss of nearly $4 billion for victims. Fortunately, there are safety measures you can put in place to make it harder for fraudsters to steal your identity – namely, an identity protection service.
Although there are dozens of providers to choose from, AAA Identity Champion provides everything you need to help protect your identity. A wide variety of features like credit and non-credit loan monitoring, dark web monitoring, lost wallet assistance, 24/7 live customer support, and insurance for stolen funds and legal expenses set AAA Identity Champion apart from the rest. Read on for more details!
AAA Identity Champion Features
- Credit Bureau Monitoring: AAA Identity Champion will monitor your credit file and inform you of new accounts opened in your name, or fluctuations in your credit utilization rate. Unexpected changes to your credit file may be signs of identity theft.
- Internet and Dark Web Monitoring: If your personal information is shared on the internet, you’ll want to find out quickly. Your Social Security or driver’s license numbers could be combined with other information readily available online (such as your home address) to take out a loan in your name or steal your tax refund. In fact, the FTC reported that consumers lost $6.7 million in 2020 due to tax preparation fraud. AAA Identity Champion monitors both the internet and dark web for your Social Security Number, ID card details (like your Driver’s License number or passport), and medical ID.
- Excellent Customer Service: There’s nothing more frustrating than dealing with an automatic phone service when you really need to speak to a human. Fortunately, AAA Identity Champion offers live customer support 24/7. Personal assistance from vetted professionals can make all the difference when you’re stressed about identity theft and need help straight away.
- Hands-on Identity Restoration Support: If the worst should happen and your identity is stolen, AAA Identity Champion provides trusted experts to help you restore it. These specialists provide a detailed roadmap of the steps you’ll need to follow and can even take care of some of those steps on your behalf, saving you time and stress.
- Non-credit Loan Monitoring: Believe it or not, thieves can steal money you don’t even have by taking out non-credit loans (such as payday, auto, and rent-to-buy loans) in your name. AAA Identity Champion monitors non-credit loan activity in addition to your credit report.
- Insurance for Stolen Funds and Legal Fees: Don’t underestimate the insurance coverage you may need. If you see a non-credit loan you don’t recognize in your alerts, you may need insurance that covers more than the amount in your bank account. Restoring a stolen identity can also get expensive if lawyers are involved. AAA Identity Champion’s Complete plan provides up to $5 million in coverage, giving you peace of mind that you’ll be covered in case something happens.
- Lost Wallet Assistance: AAA Identity Champion provides a personal specialist to help restore the contents of a stolen or lost wallet. More than an inconvenience, the cards in a lost wallet can lead to identity theft. Lost wallet assistance can help you quickly replace any missing credit cards, debit cards, membership cards, and more. Your personal specialist can even contact your card issuers (except for government issued IDs) on your behalf to get replacements.
AAA Identity Champion offers all of the features mentioned above, along with bank account takeover monitoring, identity verification, credit inquiry monitoring, and much more. Click here to browse the different plans that are available through AAA Identity Champion.